How we use your your personal information:
- To enable you to access our member only information
- To enable you to receive our free tinnitus fact sheet.
- If you submit your personal story to share (this will not include your surname or full contact details - just state and country)
- To collect membership subscription fees from you
- To respond to communications from you, including questions posed to our team
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (does not include your name or contact details)
- To contact you regarding new features or services available to people with tinnitus
- To inform clinicians, researchers and students of events linked to tinnitus or other hearing disorders (does not include your name or contact details).
We do not sell or pass your personal contact information onto other people, or organisations to enable them to try and sell you anything.
We may disclose your information to:
- Businesses or persons involved in hosting our website and maintaining the underlying systems
- A person, or organisation who requires us to legally supply your information, for example a regulatory authority
- Third party organisations involved in clinical research (this will only be non-identifiable data)
- Any other person authorised by you
Protecting your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to the terms of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. In order to comply with any such request, we will need to reasonably seek evidence to confirm that you are the individual, or organisation to whom the personal information relates.